Nail that audition, find your character's authentic voice, expand your range.
I’m available for one-on-one, semi-private or group coaching in any accent or dialect, whether you’re learning it for a play, preparing for an audition, or just honing your skills. I offer in-person coaching in New York City, or coaching by Skype if you're in LA, Chicago, DC, Boston... or anywhere in the world.
I have coached privately for actors, singers, and voiceover artists; worked with theaters on large and small cast productions; and coached, taught and led workshops at universities, actor training programs, and comedy clubs. Here are some dialects and accentsI have helped performers to master:
- General American English
- Standard British or "Received Pronunciation"
- "Transatlantic" English and Standard Stage English
- London, Cockney, and Estuary dialects
- New York
- American Southern and Appalachian dialects
- American Midwest dialects
- English and French Canadian dialects
- Irish, Scottish, and Welsh dialects
- Yorkshire, Manchester, Norfolk, Shropshire, and West Country dialects
- Australian, South African and Indian dialects
- Chicano, "Nuyorican" and Miami Cuban English
- Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Israeli, Arabic, Yiddish, Afrikaans, Chinese, Japanese, Haitian and Rwandan accents, and more.
I can also help performers with pronunciation of foreign languages, and have coached actors in the pronunciation of Spanish, French, Russian, Greek, Hebrew, Arabic, Serbo-Croatian, Welsh, Kinyarwanda, and even invented fictional dialects for sci-fi / fantasy.
Contact me to inquire about scheduling and rates. Click here to find out more about Acting Coaching.